Our On Country program is designed for professionals working in community organisations and / or financial wellbeing roles to provide culturally appropriate financial literacy resources for First Nations communities and clients. As with all our financial literacy education, the resources are created by Mob, for Mob. The online hub includes resources for you and your client or community, helpful tips and checklists, printable posters and printable Worksheets.
You can also use the hub as a pathway to refer your clients to us for free access to online My Money Dream
As part of On Country we send a monthly e-newsletter to our professional community, highlighting key themes affecting First Nations client’s financial wellbeing, and resources on the On Country hub to support them.
We host a monthly On Country professional’s webinar to support our professional community and explore key issues for First Nations financial wellbeing. The webinar also offers an opportunity to chat with First Nations Foundation staff and other professionals.
The current webinar dates for 2022 are:
In 2023, the On Country program will be offering My Money Dream facilitator training for a limited number of organisations. Enquire here for more details.
What is on the portal?
- Resources for you and your client / community
- Helpful Tips and Fact sheets on key money issues, including saving, super, and help with debt.
- Printable posters, including How to Recognise a Scam, and Good Money Habits
- Printable worksheets and budgeting templates
Who is it for?
- Community service providers
- Community support workers
- Financial sector workers
- Financial counsellors
- Financial capability workers
- Anyone working with First Nations clients where you might be asked about money
How to use it?
- Access Culturally relevant resources which are printable, sharable tools for your clients, community or organisation
- Access resources and support specifically for First Nations women
- Includes access to trial My Money Dream, which features our Culture and Money module: an essential guide to understanding financial contexts for First Nations people navigating two economies
- Referral pathway for First Nations clients to free access for My Money Dream– just email us to get a client registration
- Book an online or in-person My Money Dream workshop